Thursday, July 3, 2008

Peace Corps

I applied to Peace Corps last summer in 2007, and was Nominated in September 2007. At that time I was entering the Fall semester of my final year at UAF. I was extemely busy during the Fall semester with 20 credits, so I was unable to take time to complete the Health forms. During Spring semester I could wait no longer, so despite being enrolled in 31 credits (21 on-campus and 10 correspondence) I made apointments to complete first the physical exam, followed by the eye exam, and last the Dental exam. All went well, however I needed to have all four of my wisdom teeth pulled which I was going to attempt completing during the semester. NO WAY! I couldn't risk failing a class. Too much was at stake, so I had to postpone that procedure until returning to New Mexico. Finally, I had the "surgery" on June 20th, and went straight from the dentist's to the post office with my completed Medical Packet. I dropped the envelope in the slot while clenching on gauze at the back of my mouth, I was ULTRA EXCITED!!! Almost two weeks later, on July 2nd with healed gums, I recieved an e-mail from Peace Corps showing a status change on my account. They recieved the papers! Now all I have to do is wait to see if I am medically cleared! What an adventure this has been. I can't wait until I hear more!

1 comment:

My life is great! said...

Hello my dearest son!

Your certainly are an amazing individual in which I’m honored to have you as my son!

Your special in so many ways! I ‘m proud of all your accomplishments! I’m certainly going to miss you when you go to Africa. You know I will come to visit you; we will have a great time and great stories to share thereafter!

Excellence is what I see in you: You pose a quality in life that is unparallel to anyone I’ve ever seen you’re an amazing individual! Your committed to excellence regardless!

Remember:
·Success is laugh often!
·To win the respect of intelligent people and affection of children.
·To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends.
·To appreciate the beauty, to find the best in others.
·To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition.
·To know even one life has breathed easier because you lived!

I Love You!!!!!! xxxxxxxxoooooooooo

Love, MOM