Monday, March 9, 2009

Heading Home

Well, since my last post things in Zambia have been great! I really love this country and the people. Unfortunately though, I've lost maybe 20 pounds since I arrived even though I have made an effort to eat a lot. And truly, I have eaten more here than I usaully do at home. However, I don't think it is wise for me to remain here if I am losing 10 pounds a week! I know the trend is likely not to continue at that rate, but it is not a good choice to take the risk when overall health is concerned. The day before yesterday I was able to pull my pants off without unzipping or un-buttoning them, and I can see my pelvis showing where it didn't before.

So, I am here in Lusaka at Peace Corps headquarters squaring things away... I should be on my way home in the next couple of days. I am really sad to be leaving Zambia and I'm not sure what my next move in life is going to be when I return. I think I might just go back to school and work on a Master's degree. I've already looked at a few Universities that sent me offers before I left and possible employment in the areas around those universities. We'll see... please pray for me, this will be a challenging and disorienting time.

See you soon.

From the Zambian Capital,

Chris

3 comments:

My life is great! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My life is great! said...

HAVEFUN2
Dear Son!

Yes, we will pray for you my dear son. The most important thing right now is to get you better! I love you and can't wait to see you.

Love,
Mom

Daph and Ty said...

hey chris! I hope you made it safely back home & you're health is improved. We miss you here in Zambia, but there's plenty of time for you to come back to Africa! Best of luck in whatever you decide to do:)